Cooler weather means peel season!
Our body’s largest organ; skin not only provides a protective layer against environmental toxins but also serves as a measure of our youthfulness. Both environmental exposure and age play a key role in causing skin damage that leads to blemishes, scars, sun spots, fine lines, and wrinkles to develop over time.
Collagen provides our skin with natural structural support, and it is what makes our skin appear hydrated, firm and youthful. Unfortunately, we lose about 10% of our natural collagen after the age of 20. This contributes to wrinkles and thinner, sagging skin.
Environmental exposure to the sun and other toxins, as well as hormonal changes, play a role in pigment changes such as sunspots caused by sun damage and melasma due to hormones.
Will a Chemical Peel Help My Skin?
Chemical peels fill a very popular spot in our practice. They provide a simple, affordable and effective method of attaining results. For this reason, they consistently rank among the top aesthetic procedures performed. The most common indications for chemical peels are photo-damage, dyschromia / melasma, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH), acne, acne scars and fine lines and wrinkles.
The two main considerations of peels are those that have either no downtime or those that have up to one week of downtime. These peels maximize the tradeoff between lifestyle and results, offering significant skin improvement with minimal risk and complications when compared to deep peels. Chemical peeling agents are classified as superficial, medium depth or deep peels.
- Superficial / mild chemical peels: Penetrate the stratum corneum into the papillary dermis
- Medium-depth / moderate chemical peels: Penetrate the stratum corneum and epidermis with effect into the upper-reticular dermis
- Deep chemical peels: Penetrate the entire epidermis and papillary dermis with effect to the mid-reticular dermis. Patient assessment is important in the peel selection process to decrease chance of adverse events and determine the best overall skincare program for optimal clinical results.
Aesthetic Assets, Face and Body Rejuvenation Center offers multiple peel solutions ranging from progressive, zero downtime glycolic peels to mild and moderate clinical peels with 2-7 days of downtime, providing a complete selection for every skin type and multiple skin conditions.
Things to consider when choosing a peel — A deeper peel offers better results, but there may be downtime considerations. You might think about starting out with a light or medium peel first to see the results? Or, carve out some time to go for a deep peel to erase the past and give your skin a blank canvas going forward. At Aesthetic Assets we offer 3 types of peels:
- Clarify Peel: Clarify Peel is ideal for anyone seeking a serious solution for acne and rejuvenation in individuals with oily skin. Lipid soluble salicylic acid and mandelic acid dissolve oil to penetrate into and clear follicles for maximum results. Clarify peel is also a great solution for resurfacing and rejuvenation of the ethnic skin. Peel application is followed by a highly concentrated Retinol Activator containing peptides and antioxidants to enhance collagen rejuvenation and overall result. Clarify Peel is excellent for addressing a variety of concerns in skin types IV – VI. Results in improvement in acne and skin rejuvenation of Skin Type IV – VI & oily skin.Best result with a series of 3 treatments.
- Refine Peel: Designed for individuals of all skin types who are seeking more significant skin rejuvenation in fewer applications than a progressive glycolic series, and with less downtime than more aggressive procedures. Peel application is followed by a highly concentrated Retinol Activator containing peptides and antioxidants to enhance collagen growth and overall result. Expect to see skin rejuvenation, texture and pigmentation. Best results are see after a series of 3 peels.
- Transform Peel: Our most aggressive of the three Peel Systems. It is an excellent solution to address pigmentation and advanced sun damage while providing overall skin rejuvenation. Peel application is followed by a highly concentrated Retinol Activator containing peptides and antioxidants to enhance collagen production and overall result. Expect to see improvement in pigmentation, texture, fine lines and overall skin rejuvenation. Due to its aggressive nature, you should plan to experience 5-7 days of aggressive peeling, but trust us the results are so worth it!
We recommend acclimating your skin with proper home care both before and after your peel.
Speaking of results! Look at how the skin repopulates itself with new, healthy skin cells, resulting in vibrant, more evenly toned, skin that will reflect a more youthful appearance.
Let’s get your skin in top condition! Call us today to schedule a complimentary consultation at 480-699-8089.